Training focus on Classic Yoga - hatha yoga postures with emphasis on inner awareness
and importance of breath (Integral Vinyasa Yoga). As one of the oldest
Yoga Training school in South Africa, we strive to produce exceptional qualified
Yoga Teachers all over the world. We train you to become skilled and to be a powerful,
confident, positive Yoga Teacher.
are a Registered Yoga School (RYC) with Yoga Alliance SA. All graduates of an
RYS are eligible to register and hold Yoga Alliance Accreditation as Registered
Yoga Teachers (RYT).
training provides a traditional holistic approach to yoga, combining hatha
yoga instruction, meditation, chanting, pranayama, anatomy
and physiology e.g.
* learning the basics of the most important yoga
* learning how to modify the postures to suit your goals and flexibility;
* experiencing the vital link between yoga postures and meditation;
* exploring the important topics of Raja yoga and the yoga sutras of Patanjali;
* ensuring a safer and deeper practice by learning anatomy and physiology;
* spending 2-3 hours a day enjoying and absorbing yourself into hatha yoga;
* learning to teach those with special needs: senior citizens & children;
* developing confidence in your teaching skills;
* learning how to organise
and present classes, etc.
all Registered Yoga Schools, our Yoga Teacher Training program is required to
offer a curriculum based on the guidelines issued by Yoga Alliance. Within these
programs is where prospective students will find the differences in how the curriculum
curriculum has an intense focus in Technique Training, which is essential for
new teachers. However, our program also offers variety in many areas to ensure
authentic yoga training - not what is trendy. Our cirriculum includes the following:
* History of Yoga.
Styles of Yoga.
* Yoga Philosophy.
* Teaching Methodology, Sequencing
* Asana (Postures).
* Applied Anatomy & Physiology.
* Raja Yoga (Meditation).
* Pranayama (Breath Techniques).
* Ayurveda for
* Lifestyle & Ethics of Yoga Teachers.
* Pre & Post
* Assisting & Adjusting.
* Subtle Energies & Chakras.
Bandhas, Mudras & Kriyas.
* Yoga for Special Needs: Children and Seniors.
* Discussion Sessions.
* Business of Yoga.
Evaluation, Assessments & final Written Examination.
is available having met the following course requirements:
* attend all
* complete and pass all written exams;
* complete and pass
all practical exams;
* complete and pass 6 months online training.